Traverse City truly offers a wealth of experiences for visitors to enjoy. From the pristine shores of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore to the vibrant downtown scene, Traverse City has something for everyone. Whether you’re seeking outdoor adventures like hiking, swimming, or kayaking, or indulging in the local food and wine scene, Traverse City has it all.
- Shopping downtown: Traverse City’s downtown area is known for its charming shops, boutiques, and restaurants. You can stroll along the streets lined with unique stores, ranging from trendy fashion boutiques to art galleries and specialty shops. It’s a great place to find souvenirs, local crafts, clothing, and much more.
- Hands-on Art: This interactive pottery painting workshop allows you to bring out your creative side by painting your own piece of pottery! Choose from hundreds of pottery pieces and let your creativity fly! Hands on Art just celebrated their 25th Anniversary in Traverse City!
- Wineries on Old Mission: Traverse City is renowned for its wineries, particularly those located on the Old Mission Peninsula. The wineries offer a variety of wines as well as breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside and Lake Michigan. Finish your tour by seeing the Old Mission Peninsula Light House.
- The Old Mission Lighthouse: Located on the tip of the Old Mission Peninsula, you’ll find the historic Mission Point Lighthouse. You can visit the lighthouse and learn about its history and significance to the area. Enjoy picturesque views, take a tour of the lighthouse and historic log home, and take a stroll on the shores of Lake Michigan at this piece of Northern Michigan history.
- West End Beach: A popular destination for outdoor activities. Featuring beautiful sandy shores along the crystal-clear waters of Lake Michigan. You can relax on the beach, swim in the refreshing water, or challenge your friends to a game of beach volleyball on the provided courts. It’s a fantastic place to soak up the sun and enjoy the beach atmosphere. Located across the Parkway from Downtown T.C., it’s the perfect spot to walk to get a snack or ice cream!
- Moomers Handmade Ice Cream: Moomers is a beloved local ice cream parlor that offers delicious, homemade ice cream with a large range of flavors. Moomers is known for its high-quality ingredients and delectable ice cream creations. Sit on their patio while you enjoy your cone and watch the cows that produced the milk for your ice cream graze in the pasture!
- Traverse City Pit Spitters Baseball: The Traverse City Pit Spitters are a minor league baseball team that plays in the Northwoods League. Attending one of their games at the Turtle Creek Stadium can be a thrilling experience. You can cheer on the home team, enjoy the lively atmosphere, and indulge in classic ballpark snacks while watching America’s favorite pastime.
- Pirate’s Cove: Pirate’s Cove is a family-friendly adventure golf course located in Traverse City. It offers an exciting pirate-themed miniature golf experience, complete with waterfalls, caves, and challenging holes. Whether you’re a kid or a kid at heart, Pirate’s Cove is a fun and entertaining activity that combines competition and whimsical surroundings.
- The Little Fleet: This beloved destination is known for its unique blend of food, drinks, and community spirit. The venue features a rotating lineup of food trucks, each offering their own specialties and flavors. From gourmet burgers and tacos to wood-fired pizza and artisanal ice cream, there is something to satisfy every palate. The variety of options ensures that visitors can explore different cuisines and try new dishes with each visit.
- Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore: Named the “Most Beautiful Place in America” by ABC’s Good Morning America, The Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore is a short 45 min drive from Traverse City. Experience the magnificence of this natural wonder at the Sleeping Bear Dunes Dune Climb where visitors can ascend the sandy slopes for stunning panoramic views of the lake and surrounding landscapes. Spanning over 35 miles, the park offers visitors a plethora of outdoor activities to enjoy. The National Lakeshore also features gorgeous beaches with crystal clear waters, multiple overlooks, and the Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive. While visiting the park, make sure to read up on The Legend of the Sleeping Bear Dunes.
Traverse City’s natural beauty, cultural attractions, and warm hospitality create an inviting atmosphere that keeps travelers coming back for more. So, whether you’re planning a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or a solo adventure, Traverse City promises to be an unforgettable destination that will leave you with cherished memories and a desire to return.